- Please find the preliminary Scientific Programme of the Day 1 of the ERUS-EAUN Robotic Urology Nursing Meeting (with specific nursing programme) here
- The programme of ERUS on Day 2 can be found here
- The programme of ERUS on Day 3 can be found here
- The programme of HOT 1 for nurses can be found here
- The programme of HOT 2 for nurses can be found here
We are proud to announce the 2017 edition of the ERUS-EAUN Robotic Urology Nursing Meeting in Bruges. By collaborating with EAU and ERUS with a high standard in urological care we are able to provide an educational platform based on best practice. There is no harmonised training for nurses and RNFAs at this moment and this meeting aims to fill this gap with a high quality nurses programme.
The aim of the ERUS-EAUN Robotic Urology Nursing Meeting is to become the educational platform for OR nurses and RNFAs working in robot-assisted urology surgery. The programme will include the latest research in our field of expertise and also look ahead at what the future will bring. The meeting will offer theoretical in-depth knowledge and optional hands-on training (HOTs) for nurses working in robot-assisted urology surgery.
The first day will be completely dedicated to the operating room nurse / assistant role in theory and practice and includes state-of-the art lectures on safe positioning, avoiding complications, radical prostatectomy, kidney and bladder cancer, amongst others. Team training, trouble shooting, ethics and educational video presentations are some of the other important topics that will be discussed with the audience by highly skilled and experienced speakers.
Day 2 and 3
On day 2 and 3 the nurse delegates will attend the lectures and live surgery sessions of the regular ERUS programme, to return home completely updated on the latest developments in the field.
Also on Day 2 several HOT courses for nurses will be organised. For the full programme of these optional HOTs please visit the separate pages (links on top of the page and in the menu).
- HOT 1 will be held at the OLV Robotic Training in Surgery Centre, and is meant for experienced nurses and RNFAs
- HOT 2 will be held at the meeting venue and is meant for those with less experience or an interest in robotic surgery.
There are limited places available, separate registration on a first come, first served basis, and a small fee applies. You will also receive a separate certificate. For full details visit the HOT 1 and HOT 2 pages.
- Increase the understanding of the bedside role of the nurse in the operating room
- Offer extensive in-depth knowledge of the most common urologic procedures such as prostate cancer, kidney cancer and bladder cancer as performed today
- Deepen the knowledge of the patient´s pathway from diagnosis to surgery
- Increase awareness of the importance of having the right competences in the operating room
- Define the role of the operating room nurse in robotic surgery
- Enable the participant to take part in discussions how to handle minor and major complications in robotic assisted urology surgery
- Address the importance of a skilled robotic team and team efficiency in the operating room, including crucial knowledge on how robotic surgery affects the patient
- Inspire both OR Nurses and RNFA´s in their daily work in the operating room to achieve a higher satisfaction and joy in their field of expertise